Sunday, October 3, 2010

Arrow to the Sun

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when I bought the new Arrow to the Sun album, I knew it was one of my own. And my wolf pack… it grew. So there… there was a new album in my wolfpack… Anyway… what I’m trying to say is that this album makes me feel like a wolf, a wolf who found an awesome new six track CD.

Be Brave is a headbanging good time. Each song is carefully constructed and jam packed full of soaring vocals and twisting guitar leads. Jimmy Pianka artfully and poetically bends words to his will. Every song on the CD allows the listener to connect on a simple emotional level, but it’s clear that behind the scenes there’s more content and story to these lyrics.



The guitar work of Jeffrey Brooks and Nate Kerbin is familiar yet uniquely new. The two axe swingers switch between lead and rhythm with class, creativity, technical skill, and dissonances that would make Dexter Morgan smile his menacing mischievous smile.

Be Brave is a shining new album from the growing Boston music scene that proves opening for TREOS is only the beginning for this great new band.

Also, “The Wolf Pack” would be an awesome name for the fan club. Just sayin.

Buy their shirts:


For more info check out: http://www.myspace.com/arrowtothesunband

and to buy sweet shirts check out: http://www.districtlines.com/arrow-to-the-sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

View Counter